Information Technology and Services provides consultation, design, installation, and maintenance services for the University’s classrooms, meeting rooms, computer labs, and other learning environments. Details on these services are available by calling (315) 443-4001. Classrooms have a variety of installed, technology teaching equipment. Typical designs are listed below. Note: All new classroom technology is installed with ADA compliance in mind.
Level 3: Rooms with Special Features
- Same as Level 2 with the addition of features such as:
- Touch screen controller.
- Multiple data/video projectors (or high end units).
- Videoconferencing capabilities.
- Surround sound.
- Special lighting.
- Typical Level 3 classrooms: Newhouse III 141, Shemin Auditorium, and most Whitman School of Management classrooms.
Level 2: Computer Equipped Rooms
Standard equipment includes:
- Installed computer (Windows) supported by ITS, or in some instances an installed computer (Windows and/or Mac) supported by user department. (Click here for the ITS Software Support Statement)
- Teaching station with equipment rack
- controls and switchers
- audio playback system
- Data/Video projector: HD resolution (1920×1080) .
- Document camera.
- DVD/Blu-Ray combination player.
- Data/AV input panel with: USB, HDMI inputs.
- Where necessitated by room conditions (typically in rooms that seat more than 100) voice reinforcement systems (public address systems) may be installed.
- Typical Level 2 Classrooms: Eggers 010 and 032 (Department Computer), Gifford Auditorium, Grant Auditorium, Heroy Auditorium, Link 105, and Stolkin Auditorium
Level 1: Computer Capable Rooms
- Similar to Level 2 but there is no touch screen controller.
- Room is controlled by a push button controller
- Document camera may be present in some rooms.
- Also projector-only rooms with data/video inputs (e.g. Link 110, Physics 115).
- Typical Level 1 Classrooms: Maxwell 108, and Watson 149.
Level U: Universal Rack Rooms
- Universal Rack (U-Rack) design featuring modular and easily upgradable equipment racks.
- Large LCD display on top of the rack.
- Installed computer (Windows) supported by ITS, or in some instances an installed computer supported by user department. (Click here for the ITS Software Support Statement)
- DVD/VHS combination player
- Data/AV input panel with: VGA, HDMI, and USB inputs