- Information Technology and Services (ITS) supports many permanent Windows-based computers in SU Technology Classrooms.
- Computers installed in Registrar’s Classrooms are an all-University resource.
- ITS makes every effort to create and maintain a consistent configuration on all of the computers that are located in campus classrooms.
- Please review the computer software scope statement prior to saving information on the computers.
- ITS supports several public computer labs which can be reserved for instruction by faculty.
- A complete list of Technology Classrooms and operating instructions is available on the ITS Web site.
- Individual training sessions are also available for faculty and staff who need further assistance with learning to operate classroom computers.
- Call ITS at (315) 443-5661 or complete the online Request for Training form.
Classroom Software Support Scope Statement
Computers installed in Registrar’s Classrooms are an all-University resource. ITS makes every effort to create and maintain a consistent configuration on all of the computers that are located in campus classrooms. To ensure a consistent configuration, ITS performs maintenance and upgrades on classroom computers that require rebuilding the computer configurations. During the rebuild process, all local programs and data that are not part of the original installation will be lost.
ITS makes every effort to confine maintenance operations to periods of time when classes are not in session, but this is not always possible for emergency repairs and rebuilds. ITS strongly encourages faculty and staff to backup all data downloaded to a classroom computer to a local area network or to some form of removable media. If the course requires downloading non-supported software onto classroom computers, ITS strongly encourages faculty and staff to contact their departmental computing support staff to develop appropriate emergency restoration strategies.
Click on Classroom Software to view the software available in Registrar’s Classrooms.